Week 3, California Citrus State Historical Park in Riverside

Saturday, January 15th was a gorgeous day here in Southern California. It was one of those days, when, even if you wanted to stay in, you’d feel guilty about it. Sometimes, if you’re in the mood to just stay in the house and clean or watch sports, bad weather is a gift because it gives you a perfect excuse to just hermit up. But, when a warm sunny day comes along in January, whether you want to or not, you’re obligated to get outside and enjoy it!

So, luckily, I have this commitment to do something new each week – thanks to this blog. And, that means getting out to visit just some of those spots that I always say, “you know, someday, I’d like to go there.”

One of those spots is the California Citrus State Historical Park in Riverside. Yep, we live in Riverside and we’ve lived in Southern California for 25 years and its just one of those places I’ve driven by for years and have never taken the time to visit.
My son, Danny and his three kids, Carter, Claire and William came along with Heidi’s daughter Ella, Hayley's boy, Ryan, and me. We each picked and ate an orange off the trees. (I’m not sure we were allowed to do so, but, hey, there were tons of ripe oranges on those trees, so, really, why not?)

This is one of the aprons the pickers wear for easy picking and quick dumping into crates.

We visited a little museum and spent time walking and playing on the hills. And then I bought a 25 pound bag of oranges just outside the gates (for $6) to take home as a tasty souvenir.The park didn’t cost a thing and I recommend it to anyone living in the area or who just likes fresh fruit and sunshine – and, really, isn’t that all of us?



Comments

  1. Looks fun wish I couldve gone, but I needed my hair done, looks like ELLA needed hers done as well...ha ha ha....so cute with all the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Practical Jokes

Long Spring Cruise to Mexico, Through the Panama Canal, the Caribbean, and Florida

The missing weeks…